Posted on: July 22, 2009 10:57 am
The man who sued Marvin Harrison, contending that the former Colts wide receiver had shot him last year, was in critical condition Tuesday after being shot seven times in Philadelphia. according to the NY Daily News.
Dwight Dixon told officers that he believed that Harrison was behind the latest shooting. Authorities are investigating whether Harrison is linked.
Dixon was shot in the arm, chest and stomach while sitting in a rental car in North Philadelphia after he had just finished breakfast.
Witnesses told police that the gunman, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, white sneakers and blue jeans, was about six-feet tall.
Posted on: May 8, 2009 8:41 am
Former Colts WR Marvin Harrison, now a free agent, said he has no plans to retire and that he wants to play in 2009, according to NFL.com.
Harrison, who turns 37 in August, was released by the Colts after the 2008 season, in large part for salary-cap relief. Harrison, who didn't agree to a restructured contract, was scheduled to count more than $13 million against the Colts' 2009 cap.
Harrison's 13-year run with the Colts, with whom he established himself as one of the top receivers in NFL history and built up likely Hall of Fame credentials: 1,102 receptions for 14,580 yards and 128 touchdowns.
Posted on: February 23, 2009 9:18 am
The Colts have little choice but to let Harrison and his $13.4 million salary-cap number go. It will mark the end of an illustrious 13-year career in Indianapolis, where Harrison and QB Peyton Manning formed one of the greatest quarterback-receiver tandems in NFL history.